Budzyńska-Ogryzek Duo consists of students of the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw – Zuzanna Budzyńska (violin) and Szymon Ogryzek (piano). Currently they study at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Vienna (Erasmus+ Programme), where Zuzanna studies with Professor Edward Zienkowski and Szymon – with Professor Jan Jiracek von Arnim. As a duo they study in the chamber music class of Professor Marialena Fernandes (Vienna) and Professor Krystyna Makowska-Ławrynowicz (Warsaw).
They are both active soloists and chamber musicians. They have given concerts in Austria, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Russia, Italy, United Arab Emirates and Poland, where they performed in some of the most prestigious concert halls such as the Great Hall of the Royal Castle in Warsaw. As a duo they won several awards, i.a.:
– 1st prize – “IMKA” International Music Competition in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina, 2019)
– 3rd prize – eMuse International Music Competition in Athens (Greece, 2018)
– 1st prize – XVII International Juliusz Zarębski Competition in Warsaw (Poland, 2017)
Budzyńska-Ogryzek Duo recorded two CDs together. “Ars Poetica” was recorded in 2017 as a result of winning the prestigious competition for the Societe Generale Bank Scholarship, whereas “Polonaises” (DUX Recording Producers) was financed by the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage within the Institute of Music and Dance’s “Musical Trace 2018” Programme.
The musicians cooperate with Jadwiga Roguska (cello). As Cuore Piano Trio they were invited by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute to perform during the XIV Russian-Polish “Youth Academy of Arts” Festival in Moscow, Russia in 2018. They have also performed in many prestigious concert halls in Poland. Together they won numerous awards, such as:
– 1st prize – 3rd “Brilliant Talent Discovery Awards” International Music Competition (Singapore, 2019)
– 1st prize – eMuse International Music Competition in Athens (Greece, 2018)
– 2nd prize – V International Chamber Music Competition in Bydgoszcz (Poland, 2018).
The musicians regularly take part in masterclasses with renowned professors such as Sergey Kravchenko, Michael Frischenschlager, Evan Rothstein, Janis Maleckis, Michael Flaksman or Frank-Immo Zichner. Moreover, Zuzanna is a Harvard Club of Poland member and a winner of the prestigious Path to Harvard 2015 Competition, whereas Szymon served as an educator in the Museum of the Royal Castle in Warsaw, where he gave museum lessons to children.